You’ve clicked on the “about” page, so you must be interested in what’s going on here at ActorLifeHack.com.
Quick Story Time
My name is James Larson and (perhaps like you?) I fell in love with acting when I was younger. I was “bit by the acting bug” as they say. I’m from Portland, Oregon, by the way, a mecca for the arts but not so much theater. And so I had my first professional acting gig at 18, studied for two years in Ashland, Oregon at Southern Oregon University (where a lot of my teachers were actors at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.) Then I left to attend one of the best-known acting conservatories in the world, The Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in big ol’ New York City. It’s the school Meisner taught at. Ever heard of him?
Before I had graduated I had booked lead roles in the National Tour of Spamalot and summer stock. (If you’d like more info on my acting career, check out www.JamesDavidLarson.com.)
But there were so many things I couldn’t figure out:
- How to make money acting
- How to eat well on a budget
- How to balance the art and the business
- Where to live
- How to find a good survival job
Things that many actors struggle with.
I decided that I would make the resource I wish I would’ve had as a younger actor. Like back in my college days, before I moved to New York. Or my early days in the city.
ActorLifeHack.com offers effective and inspiring information for actors.
- Through interviews with the movers and shakers like casting directors, directors, and agents.
- Money Hacks to save money on everything an actor needs to run their business
- Time Hacks to save much needed time to balance our life
- Health Hacks to make sure we’re in peak shape
It’s a growing site, and I’m glad you’re here to be a part of it.
And we’re all about action and mindset. So the first thing I’m going to as is that you connect with us:
- Join the Actor Life Hack Mastermind Facebook group to connect and inspire with other actors.
- Like our Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter and on my personal account here.
- Follow me on Instagram at jamesdlarson.